YOUR HEALTH IS OUR #1 PRIORITY
We are committed to taking every precaution to keep you and our community safe and healthy.
This is what we’re doing:
Our staff is committed to staying home if they are unwell. Our clinic supports them by paying for time taken off due to illness. As an added precaution, all staff will answer a brief questionnaire and have their temperature taken daily.
Our staff is committed to practising at the highest level of hygiene including:
- Frequent hand washing but especially before and after any patient interaction. Gloves will be worn when indicated.
- Disinfection of high contact surfaces between uses (door handles, chairs, counters etc.) and all surfaces in the clinic will be regularly wiped throughout the day.
- Sterilization of all equipment between each use.
- Sanitizing of all frames in the dispensary after they have been tried on.
Our staff is committed to social distancing and protective barriers whenever possible.
- We will all be wearing medical grade face masks at all times, but know that, underneath, we still have a smile for you 😊.
- Face shields will frequently be worn in addition to the face mask.
- Acrylic barriers will be in place wherever possible.
- Social distancing will be practised at all times except for during some parts of the eye examination where this is not technically possible.
- We will be spacing appointment times further apart in order to limit the number of people inside our clinic.
- Curb-side pickup will be offered. Contact us by phone or email us to arrange for this.
We Need Your Help Too:
Please stay home if you are sick.
Please stay away if you’ve possibly been exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 or if you’ve been travelling in the past 2 weeks. Expect to be asked these questions when you book your appointment and when you enter our clinic. Expect to have your temperature taken with a notouch thermometer.
- We ask that appointments be made for all services we provide including the dispensing and repair of glasses, in order to better control how many people are in our clinic at any time. If you do not have an appointment, you may be required to wait outside until there is enough room in the clinic for you to safely enter.
- We ask that you wear a mask into the clinic. If you don’t have one, you will be provided with one to wear in our clinic.
- We ask that you wash or sanitize your hands as soon as you enter the clinic. Feel free to do this as many times as you wish during your visit!
- We ask that you wait outside, if practical, until it is your scheduled appointment time.
- We ask that you come into the clinic alone unless you require a caregiver or you are accompanying a child.
- We ask that you bring minimal belongings to the office to reduce the risk of contamination.
Please reach out to us by phone (604) 266-5240 or by email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We will get through this safely together. We look forward to seeing you soon!
From the Doctors and Staff at Marpole Optometry